The top 5 Things You Can Learn to Make You a Better Marketer
I am often surprised when I prepare a presentation for a group that things that were “musts” in the previous 6 months are no longer even on lists about what you “should” be doing. Times are changing so fast and this blog is a list of the top 5 things you need to do for 2017.
- Take time to learn about yourself. What is driving you this year? What is different about you? Tell people about that. Share the details of you!
- Take time to learn about video. People like it and it is going to change the way we digest information. Get caught up on how to use your phone or computer to be “live” and take time to say things in a way that doesn’t take a lot of time.
- Learn all about your mobile device. Research current apps that help you post pictures, make videos and be faster and wiser on your phone. Seriously, we spend more time on our mobile device than ever so get to know how it works.
- Take time to find a mentor. I have found a group of folks who always challenge me to think differently and ask me questions that I would NEVER think to ask. These mentors are so powerful and they make who I am and what I do better. If you don’t have a mentor find one.
- Be a mentor (seriously). It is different to actually have someone need you to help them group professionally. I hear a lot of my colleagues complain about the lack of patience regarding younger generations but no one is doing anything to change it. It is a great divide that just seems to stand. I suggest that if we each have a mentee we might be able to understand and communicate better with each other. We can help them understand us and they can help us too. Giving back is critical to help move us forward!
These five steps do take time but I guarantee they will help you become a better marketer and person in 2017.