Does your nonprofit organization hold a valid charity status? If so, and if you’re trying to garner more brand awareness, receive more searches through Google, and optimize your campaigns, Google Ads Grants might be the answer.
Our team at Burgie MediaFusion recently conducted some research pertaining to Google Ad Grants. What did we find out? Nonprofits could be eligible for up to $10,000 a month in free Google Ads advertising! The Google Ad Grants might just be something your nonprofit will want to take a second look at and apply for.
The ads, whether trying to build awareness, increase donations, share an event, or recruit volunteers, appear prominently on a Google search, above organic results, when people search for nonprofits like yours. Google ads continue to drive engaged and valuable traffic to various charities and have proven to be timely, effective ways to promote charities or nonprofits.
Who can apply?
Your nonprofit must hold a valid charity status and be able to meet the eligibility requirements. Government entities, hospital and medical groups, schools, academic institutions and universities are not eligible, but philanthropic arms of educational institutions are eligible.
Why Should You Consider it?
- Receive and utilize free access to Google business tools
- Display ads that are shown within Google search results
- Construct unlimited ad campaigns in your Google Ads Grants account
- Manage the fairly easy-to-use online system after a few hours of learning (A quick Google search will pull up many resources to guide your learning)
- Gain the grant without competition for money with other nonprofits
- Capitalize on Google’s ability to reach a vast amount of people
- Reach the right people who are are searching for something for your key terms
- Help someone find the answer to their question (The answer being your organization!)
What Can it be Used for?
- Up to $10,000 per month in free advertising. This breaks down into $330 a day, which doesn’t roll over to the next day—so you need to use it or lose it!
- Runs specific, targeted ad to:
- Drive traffic to your website
- Increase donations
- Raise brand and mission awareness
- Promote events
- Market programs and services
- Gain subscribers and followers
How Can You Maximize the Benefits for Your Nonprofit?
- Start with effective keyword research. A tool in Google, Keyword Planner, details the number of people searching for certain terms and what phrases they use when searching.
- Do keyword research about your organization and learn what people are searching for when trying to locate your organization. Use a tool like Ubersuggest to find relevant keywords. Research what questions people are asking on Google to find their answer on website and with your organization.
- Utilize a “broad math modified” keyword approach.
- Place the keyword in your ad copy—specifically the headline and description
- Get clicks and your ad will show more prominently
- Use it monthly and implement changes every 90 days
- Geo-target to dial in your audience
- Remember you are paying for clicks, not ad space
- Ads only appear on Google.com
Google has dedicated a great deal of time and energy to this program and it has proven a success. They care about this program and your success while using it. We’ve given you just a taste of what this program can do for your nonprofit. Do your research, see if you qualify, dedicate someone to learn the ins and outs of the process and leapfrog over other nonprofits as you get noticed and make conversions. If we can help you succeed as Google Ad Grants, as your social media marketing experts, please reach out to us.
Application info here : Google Ads