Are you utilizing Instagram Reels as part of your social media marketing? Reels are having a moment on social media, and that doesn’t look to be changing anytime soon. Here at Burgie MediaFusion, we’ve discussed with our clients why they should use Instagram Reels as part of the marketing of their products and services.
If you’re new to Instagram Reels and want to know how to create them, we invite you to check out this blog we wrote.
Today, we’re sharing what is trending and our top tips for engagement. It’s time to up your game and get Reels to work for you. Who knows, you might even create a viral post!
Current Trends in Instagram Reels
Of course, as we write this, the trends could be changing! Our current ideas are a bit wide reaching to help you get started with some of the trends that have gained traction—providing you with a good place to start producing ideas to create your own “trending” Reels.
- Reels account for up to 20% of time spent on the app, so it is worth your time to create them. Read more about this here.
- Vlogging—This concept is a blog but with video instead of a written format. Create daily vlogs with what is happening at work, behind the scenes, employee info, how you create your product, etc. Be authentic and engaging with your videos.
- Participate in interesting and fun challenges and trends ongoing on Instagram Reels. Capitalizing on a trend that is going viral will get you noticed. Be sure to share the verbiage, music, and hashtags to help with the algorithm. This website could help you find out what’s trending now.
- Choose a Reel that is trending and create your own incorporating your own products or services. One we like is the Snatched trend. Make a hand gesture that looks like you’re grabbing something and then switch to a new video of what you grabbed. Lip sync the words to Snatched by Big Boss Vetter.
- Change the perspective of the video angle from your perspective to someone else’s and then back to yours while sharing or explaining a reveal, a new project, an idea, or a question you’re asking.
- Introduce your brand, who you are, your values and history to your audience.
- Answer common questions with a FAQ session. You could even have employees as the ones asking the questions or giving the answers.
- Be the expert and share your tips and tricks, how-to videos, tutorials, and more.
- Show the process it takes to create your product or service. Use time-lapse, stills, and short clips to create the video.
- Create a before and after video to share the use/development/process of a product or service.
- Let your audience get to know your employees, clients (if they will let you film them), and your business. Share quick interviews, trending Reels (maybe a dance-off), and their talents (both personal and what they do for the company).
Top 10 tips to get your Instagram Reels more engagement
- Personalize your video—make it current, relatable, and emotional.
- Don’t forget the thumbnail when scheduling your Reel—it needs to draw attention to it so someone will be captivated and want to click on it.
- Create longer Reels—the time available is now up to 90 seconds. A variety of Reels lengths is always a great idea—then you can see which relates best to your audience.
- Filter, filters, filters—find the filters that enhance your products and use them.
- Invite influencers to help you promote your products.
- Create trendy, engaging content that hooks your audience.
- Answer these questions—What does your audience want to see? What can you share that explains who you are and is captivating to your potential audience?
- Include captions for hearing impaired and those that don’t want to listen.
- Cross post by sharing your Instagram Reels to your Instagram feed as well. This increases the chance people will see it-especially those that don’t look at Reels yet.
Our team here at Burgie MediaFusion is ready to help you with any of your marketing needs. Give us a call at 800-713-0445 to get started.
*Photo by Lisa Fotios from Pexels