We have reached the final installment of our Marketing with TikTok Series and that means we are going to talk about creating content! If you haven’t read our first two blogs, getting to know TikTok and following and creating brands, take a moment to check those out before reading on. In this piece, we are going to give you step by step instructions on how to create your first TikTok video and make viral worthy content for your business and brand.
As with our other features, this serves as a guideline to show you how to make your videos using all the amazing features TikTok has to offer, however, the best way to learn is to open the app and start playing with it. Find what filters you like, what sound affects you can add, and what is trending in the app to draw attention.
TikTok offers creative and collaborative aspects to help you make your content stand out and reach a wide variety of audiences. Finding hashtags to attach to your video is essential when starting out your channel. As you begin to make your first video, there are a few things to remember:
- TikTok is about authenticity – be real and in the moment!
- The goal is to create ads that aren’t ads—engaging people on a realistic level.
- Have fun! The best content are the ones where you are having fun, being creative, and using trending filters, sounds, and music!
- Don’t forget challenges. If you can participate in an appropriate TikTok challenge while boosting your business, do it!
How-To Guide on Creating Your First TikTok Video
- To begin, tap the + sign at the bottom of your screen.
- From here there are two options: you can upload content (pictures or video) from your device OR you can use the TikTok camera to video something in the moment.
- Before you upload or press “record” you can choose from a variety of filters and effects, by clicking the “effects” box on the bottom left portion of your screen. Explore the options, there are so many!
- On the right side of your screen, there are additional options to flip the camera, enhance the speed, add filters, set a timer for recording, or reply to a question that is being asked and trending.
- Once you have uploaded (button on the bottom right) or made a video (press red record button), you will see symbols on the right side of your screen that enables you to add sound, effects, filters, stickers, or text.
- Once you have completed your video, you will hit the “next” button to post. Don’t worry— you have another screen before committing to posting your creation. When you are on the “post” screen, you can add a video description, hashtags, and adjust permissions such as who will see it and who can comment.
At Burgie Media Fusion, our goal is to get your business noticed! Using social media outlets to grow your audience is a key part of marketing in 2022 and we can help you get that process started! Contact us at (614) 273-0783 today to chat about how we can help you grow.